Boxing Day Dip
Sign up to the official Sunderland Boxing Day Dip 2023 organised by the Sunderland Lions Club & Red Sky Foundation, supported by Stack Seaburn & Sunderland City Council. Take the plunge, raise money for your favourite charity and endure the cold North Sea to become a brave Seaburn dipper.
It's time to get ready to wet your feet and join us on Tuesday 26 December at Seaburn for a refreshing dip in the North Sea.
Sign up to the official Sunderland Boxing Day Dip 2023 organised by the Sunderland Lions Club & Red Sky Foundation, supported by Stack Seaburn & Sunderland City Council.
Take the plunge, raise money for your favourite charity and endure the cold North Sea to become a brave Seaburn dipper.
Join hundreds of people and enjoy a refreshing dip in the North Sea on Boxing Day morning. After all, what better way to cure your late festive blues than participating in this family-friendly outdoor charity event.
- To enter the dip you must be the age of 12 or over
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit enough to participate
- Non dippers are not allowed in the changing area
- The success of the Dip depends upon timing. The organisers, the other dippers and those who come to watch will all appreciate if you keep to the time schedules
- It is essential that all dippers follow the instructions given by the Stewards during the procession and on entry to the sea. Please take care when approaching the beach via the steps
- The North Sea can be extremely cold at this time of year. Do not remain in the water too long
- It is worth bringing an old pair of trainers to wear on the road, across to the beach and into the sea
- Make sure that you bring plenty of warm clothing to change into after the dip. A good breakfast will help to maintain your inner warmth
- Most dippers come in fancy dress.
- Remember this is a family event and please, due to restrictions in space, no oversized constructions.
Each dipper will receive their own exclusive fundraising link should they wish to raise money for the Sunderland Lions & Red Sky Foundation. However, if a dipper wishes to support an another charity of their choice then it is perfectly fine to do so separately, therefore all funds raised by Dippers will be payable direct to their nominated charity/organisation.