Sunderland Export Growth Programme
Funding of up to £3,000* available for Sunderland SMEs for a limited period
Are you planning to grow your business in Sunderland by exporting or by expanding your existing export markets?
MAKE it Sunderland have teamed up with the Department for International Trade (DIT) to boost the funding available through their Expanding the North East Presence in International Markets Programme, with funding for Sunderland businesses of up to £3,000* for eligible SMEs (up to 50% project costs*).
Is your business eligible for support?
In order to be eligible for the programme and funding your business must be:
- A small to medium sized enterprise (SME) as defined by the European Union
- Primarily engaged in one of the following sectors – Manufacturing, Engineering, Scientific and Analytical Services, Software, Creative Digital and IT, Telecommunications, Offshore and Energy Generation
- Based in commercial office or factory premises in Sunderland
- Able to demonstrate viability
- Planning to export to new markets
What type of support is available?
Up to 50% of match funding capped at £3,000 for businesses in Sunderland, plus one to one support of an International Trade Adviser from the Department of International Trade to help with an action planning and the application process. Successful applicants will also benefit from one to one support from a member of Sunderland City Council’s Business Investment Team.
For a £6000 project, businesses can access £2000 of matched funding available from DIT, with a further £1000 of matched funding being made available from Sunderland City Council.
Which costs are eligible for funding?
Costs which may be eligible for funding may include:
• Overseas travel and accommodation
• Exhibitions and trade shows
• Market research relating to overseas markets
• Website development relating to overseas markets
• Design and translation of marketing materials relating to overseas markets
How to apply
To apply for this programme please complete the application form here.
For further information contact: